3 Horse Trailer - The SafeLoad
Three horse straight load walk through (weight 6,300 lbs)
Designed and Created by Tom and Neva Scheve
At only 22½ feet in the box (29½ total length) the actual box length of this three horse trailer is approximately 3.5 feet longer (behind your truck) than a standard 2 horse XL dressing room tag-along. Yet it will carry three large warmbloods easily and safely, with an escape route for every horse.
If you're leaving one horse home, the third stall space easily converts to a storage area with an access ramp for carts, scooters, 4-wheelers or whatever you're taking on the road. The rear stalls will carry horses up to 18+ hands, and the front stall (which also converts to a box stall) will carry horses up to 17 hands. Learn more about the safety advantages of the EquiSpirit 3 horse trailer.
Low Financing Available. Payments as low as $245 (10% down)!** Based on credit approval. Rates and terms subject to change without notice.
|The EquiSpirit SafeLoad 3 Horse Trailer||$35,995|
|Interior Width (with no wheel wells)||6'8"|
|Weight (without options)||6300 lbs.|
Here are just a few of EquiSpirit's 3 horse trailer standard safety features:
- Box Stall Doors - to separate the rear horses from the front stall, providing either a large additional self contained tack area or providing a box stall (instead of a diagonal stall) for your third horse. These easily removable doors are rounded at the top and are both tall enough to keep a horse from going over but also low enough to keep a horses hoof or leg from going under.
- Easy individual loading/unloading - the rear and front ramps allow you to unload each horse without disturbing or removing the others.
- Easy to lift ramp behind two full height rear doors - to solidly secure and protect horses from rear end collisions and to protect you and your family from getting kicked while putting the ramp up and down. The Full Doors have with 20 x 24 windows with screens for ventilation and to keep road debris out.
- 51" Wide Removable Front Diagonal Slant Stall - provides the front horse with a wide more diagonal space to fit larger horses. The telescoping stall divider easily shortens and latches against the road side wall or can be removed all together.
- Entrance/Escape Doors - allows you access to the horse area from both sides of the trailer.
- Rubber Torsion Axles with Self Adjusting Brakes - Rubber torsion axles provide the ideal ride for your horses but not all rubber torsion axles have self-adjusting brakes. All trailer brakes need to be adjusted periodically. EquiSpirit’s trailer brakes automatically continually adjust themselves for optimal braking.
- Eight Turn Signal Brake Lights – When you click on your turn signals, everyone around you will know. Six LED turn signals are placed on the rear with two large turn signals on the side fenders that you view from your tow vehicle.
- TowALERT Warning Light - Cell phones, tablets, texting, all are a distraction on today’s busy roads. When you slow or have to stop quickly, the TowAlert strobe will immediately strobe before you apply the brakes, throwing an intense warning light to those in back of you a second or two sooner than your brake lights. It often the difference of getting hit or not.
- Premium Heavy Duty Special Trailer Radial Tires - EquiSpirit uses a higher rating without a stiffer ride.
- Eight Turn Signal/Brake Lights - When you click on your turn signals, everyone around you will know. Six LED turn signals are placed on the rear with two large turn signals on the side fenders that you view from your tow vehicle.
- Extra Running Lights - A trailer should light up at night. We add extra running lights along the roof line and protect them with chrome light guards to give more outside visibility to your trailer than DOT (Department of Transportation) requires.
- Exterior Safety Latches -
- A small handle latch is not enough to secure a horse door from being kicked or popping open. Exterior safety butterfly latches assure that this won’t happen.
- Interior Door Latch Guards - to keep the door latches from being tampered with by curious horses while trailering.
- Quick Release Butt/Breast Bars - It’s always a possibility that a horse could end up over a breast bar. EquiSpirit quick release latches can be released under the weight of a straddled horse.
- And Much More. (See all the standard features that are included )
Color and Trim
- Exterior Aluminum Skin Side Walls - The baked-on enamel aluminum side walls (body) are standard white to best reflect heat. Optional colors: silver, pewter or stainless steel are available at no extra charge.
- EquiSpirit TM Graphics - The unique EquiSpirit graphic stripe signifies the EquiSpirit brand. The graphic and trim color are painted and is available in most all automotive colors.
- Roof - the very top of the dual insulated roof is has a pre-painted baked-on white enamel finish to reflect heat.
What EquiSpirit customers like about this 3 horse trailer model.
- Load/Unloading - unlike the safety flawed three horse slant load trailer, EquiSpirit customers love the fact that each horse can be reached without disturbing or removing the others. Each horse can be loaded or unloaded without disturbing the others.
- 2 Horse Conversion - with the standard box stall conversion doors, this 3 horse trailer at only 22.5 feet in the box length, easily converts into a very manageable, easy to pull two horse trailer with lots of extra tack room.
- Side Unload Ramp - provides access and easy unload of the third horse bu also allows easy loading of hay, tack, bikes, saddles, and whatever else you need for a weekend of fun.
Popular SafeLoad Options
- Full Length Butt Bar - if you make a rear box stall by removing all the dividers and posts, the full length butt bar keeps the rear horses from going out the back when you open up the rear doors/ramp.
- 30" Bulkhead Door - allows you to pass between the dressing room and the third stall/box stall area. Also available, an extra wide door (36") will allow you to pull a large tack trunk from the tack area (which has access to the ramp) into the Dress Room area.